THC Brownies with cannabutter are the ultimate weed edible and classic dessert for any smoker out there. Pot brownies are probably the first cannabis treat you ever tried and this recipe certainly won’t be your last. Decadent and fudgy, these can be a snack, dessert, crumbled over ice cream and served any time of year. I’ve served it as a layer in between two layers of cake. The possibilities are endless.
I can not say this enough: use good chocolate for this! I highly recommend Valrhona but any fine chocolate will do. The quality of ingredients is essential, especially with chocolate. If you have planned in advance, take your eggs out of the fridge a few hours before and let them come to room temperature. Makes all the difference! Using an electric mixer with edibles is a great idea. You want to be sure that your THC is as well mixed throughout the recipe as possible.
First of all… Decarb cannabis… Scatter cannabis on a baking dish and cover. Bake for 35min at 250F. Many ovens have a 20 degree or so range of temperature so to avoid burning your green gold, use an independent oven thermometer.
When you get the brownies out of the oven, let them set a little before cutting into them and be sure to dose appropriately. We calculated based on 20% THC for 12 servings. Slice smaller (or larger) to adjust!
Dosage Notes: 12 servings= 14.5 mg per serving
4 Tbs Cannabutter
6 tbs regular butter
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ c all purpose flour
⅔ c walnut or pecan pieces (raw walnuts, toasted pecans recommended)
1/4c chocolate chunks or feves
- Preheat oven to 300F
- In a large bowl, combine Cannabutter, sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well. Add salt, vanilla extract, two eggs, flour and chocolate chips, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into a baking dish, greased with butter and/or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While it’s baking, melt remaining chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside and keep warm.
- Slice into squares and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Safety tip: These brownies are tempting for everyone! Please store your edibles securely out of reach of children and anyone who shouldn’t be imbibing.