Making Cannabis sugar at home is an easy, DIY way to make anything into a weed edible with a little sugar, your favorite flower and some know how. Add this to coffee, a sweet recipe or over fruit for a refreshing snack. Remember, never heat your tincture above 300F and work in a ventilated area when cooking with alcohol.
48 servings – 11.5 mg THC per (1 teaspoon) serving (based on flower with 20% THC)
What you’ll need…
- Oven (or dehydrator)
- Baking Tray
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Cannabis Tincture (insert link to our tincture recipe)
- 1 tbsp Citric acid (optional)
How you’ll do it
- Preheat oven to 200F. If using a dehydrator, follow factory instructions without exceeding this temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and two cups of cannabis tincture. Add citric acid if using.
- Pour mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread out evenly with
- Put the baking tray inside the oven but DO NOT shut the oven door. This step is to evaporate the alcohol from the mixture.
- Every 15-20 minutes mix the cannabis sugar around on the tray to keep exposing the wet sugar to the heat and dry air of the oven. Continue doing this for 2 1/2 hours. Once the
- Once your sugar is completely dry, carefully remove from the oven and break up any chunks that remain.
Stay safe: Always make sure you’re working in a ventilated area when heating alcohol. Never close the oven door and keep all windows open and consider placing a fan near your oven, facing the window!
Keep the oven door open anytime your sugar is inside. We’re not cooking is so much as drying it out!